Other Opportunities outside our Parish
Chapel of Christ the Redeemer is recruiting:
Admin Assistant/Officer (Logistics)
to administer and upkeep the fixed and movable assets in the church as well as manage the room usage and keys. He/She would also need to facilitate quotations for service contracts/ acquisition.
Applicant should be meticulous and organised with good interpersonal skills. Preferably able to make minor repairs.
Interested applicants to submit complete resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for submission on 11 Oct 2020.
Position Available – St. James’ Church
St James’ Church is a parish of the Diocese of Singapore. The vision and mission of the parish is captured in this tagline “Everyone Matters. Everyone Discipled.”
As a growing parish intentional to make disciples, St James’ Church is looking for suitably qualified candidates called to answer God’s vocational calling to serve the parish in the dual roles as Executive Assistant to the Vicar and Head, Human Resources. We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated team players, spiritually matured and with an excellent vocational track record. The person is expected to have practical ministry experience, but not necessarily in full-time church ministry.
A summary of the dual role descriptions and experience needed are appended below.
Summary of the Job Descriptions
The Executive Assistant to the Vicar & concurrently Head HR will assist the Vicar to fulfil his primary responsibilities. He/she will play an integral role personally to assist the vicar in his responsibilities enumerated above. The person will oversee teams to support the vicar as follows:
1. Ensure a timely follow through on decisions made and monitoring implementation.
2. Provide strategic HR inputs to the Vicar for efficacious decision making by overseeing a team to manage the accountability of staff through the SJC Contribution & Development. The candidate shall also coordinate support for lay ministry leaders by liaising with the assigned staff when need arises. The areas of HR inputs are:
a. Monitor agreed ministry goals & contribution for alignment
b. Design and monitor development plans, including timely training and coaching for growth in spiritual maturity and ministry/functional skills
c. Building and strengthening interpersonal relationships within the staff and ministry leadership teams including with the Chinese congregation priest, staff and SJCCC leaders
3. Spearhead/Establish leadership development and the ministry teams for prayer and intercession to support the ministries of SJC
4. To oversee, mobilize and integrate teams to implement special projects
5. Resourcing church leaders with regular information, materials and ideas from Vicar’s Office/ Diocese of Singapore
Interested candidates are invited to submit a written resumé or email the same to email@example.com. The closing date for application will be 21 Oct 2020.