Provide a full financial and management accounting services to the Church
Roles & responsibilities:
- Ensure that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide SJSM’s financial decision-making and development particularly in relation to reserves, expense and income streams.
- Ensure the appropriateness of the key assumptions included in the SJSM’s strategic plans and annual budget proposals. Provide advice to HODs and Divisional Leaders on these matters.
- Work closely with the Church Leadership Team advising them on the likely financial consequences and impact of all proposed courses of action.
- Maintain contact and liaise with bankers and auditors as part of the financial operations of the Church.
- Provide a high level of professionalism reflected in a sound budgetary policy resulting in the financial stability and security of the Church.
- Maintain all necessary records to meet external legal, tax and governance requirements.
- Ensure financial and other reporting systems are maintained to the standards required by external auditors and regulatory bodies such as the Commission of Charities.
- Ensure that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide SJSM’s financial decision-making and development particularly in relation to reserves, expense ratios and income streams.
- Prepare the annual accounts and all audit schedules for auditing by external auditors and to present such audited accounts to the Treasurer for endorsement by PCC and approval at AGM.
- Undertake such other financial analysis and reporting as requested by the Director of Operations.
- Advise the Leadership Team on major financial issues as they arise and to contribute to SJSM’s Risk Management strategic policy and procedures.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or ACCA
- 3 years’ financial management experience in the commercial or not-for-profit sector.
- Some auditing experience will be an advantage
- Financial budgetary and accounting systems.
- Good grasp of key accounting and database software, ACCPAC Win, electronic/online banking, Microsoft Office, especially Excel at advanced level.
- Ability to both think strategically as well as micro-manage to ensure operational excellence.
- Committed to providing accurate and timely information to a high standard.
- Able to work well with non-finance professionals and volunteers.
- Adaptability to changing structures or situations.
- Able to demonstrate oral and written communication excellence.
- Good planner with analytical and problems solving ability.
- Works well within a team.
CVs with supporting documents and relevant referees should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 67770934 (24 hours)
Address: St.John's-St.Margaret's Church
30 Dover Avenue, Singapore 139790
© 2016 St.John's-St.Margaret's Church.
All Rights Reserved.