JOIN OUR STAFF TEAM
"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another,
as good stewards of God's varied grace.
1 Peter 4:10 (ESV)
If you have an interest in working in a church environment, do send us your CV
and we will contact you if a suitable position is available.
Please note that the typical work week is as follows:
Tue – Fri 0900 to 1800
Sat – Sun 0900 to 1300
Mon Day off
Due to the nature of working with and serving the laity, it would be good to know
that some jobs require working in the evenings and some more than others.
Please send your enquiries to email@example.com
Social & Community Worker
Roles & Responsibilities
- Case management of the organisation’s clients/cases (including visitation, counselling, advising, financial help…etc).
- Work in a team to organise community programmes that reach out to the Dover community.
- Engage with the Dover families and identify the hidden needy families.
- Coordinate with other Heartfriends Community Workers and volunteers to provide the necessary care-giving and assistance for needy
- Network and work along with existing SJSM ministries, to be a point of connection for community contacts as well as to encourage
and support their community outreach and service efforts.
- Help to organise related Heartfriends events and community projects or activities.
- Bachelor or Graduate Diploma in Social Work.
- At least 1-2 years of social work experience.
- Experience in launching community initiatives/events (e.g. Christmas celebration, CNY events, home visits).
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with people.
Typical work week for this role is Tue-Sat, but may need to work on Sundays occasionally during key engagement events
CV with supporting documents and relevant referees should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Jan 2020, we are implementing a new cell zone system to intensify the pastoral discipleship and care for our members. We are inviting suitable candidates to join us as Zone Pastors. The Zone Pastors will cover 8-12 cells across different age profiles with about 200 members.
The Zone Pastors will be responsible for:
• Providing the vision and direction for the zone
• Leading strategically through growth pathways
• Ensuring that the discipleship process is implemented
• Be the key mobiliser and enabler in mobilizing cluster to connect to the discipleship ecosystem
• Providing the pastoral care of those within the zone
• Nurturing and developing cell pastors and cell leaders and help in cell multiplication
The Zone Pastors must have well-recognised level of spiritual stature and wisdom, spiritual leadership, pastoral heart for people, ability to relate to others well, ability to mentor and develop cell pastors and cell leaders as well as ability to set goals, direction and plan ahead for the zone. They are expected to have suitable theological education and at least 5 years working with cells either in lay (as cell leaders, cell pastor, etc) or in full-time capacity.
If God has placed a call in your heart for this role or you are keen to explore further, please feel free to connect with Richard Lau at email@example.com or call him at 62630337. You can also send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org