JOIN OUR STAFF TEAM
"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another,
as good stewards of God's varied grace.
1 Peter 4:10 (ESV)
There are currently no openings in SJSM.
If you have an interest in working in a church environment, do send us your CV
and we will contact you if a suitable position is available.
Please note that the typical work week is as follows:
Tue – Fri 0900 to 1800
Sat – Sun 0900 to 1300
Mon Day off
Due to the nature of working with and serving the laity, it would be good to know
that some jobs require working in the evenings and some more than others.
Please send your enquiries to email@example.com
Other Opportunities outside our Parish
Children’s Ministry Director, St. George's Church
Summary Job Description – Children’s Ministry Director
St George’s Church has an exciting opportunity for someone with theological training and experience in Church Ministry to Children, sharing the Christian faith, discipling young lives and supporting parents. The role is that of Children’s Ministry Director, working under the supervision of the Senior Minister. He/She will coordinate the Children’s Ministry initiatives on Sundays and during the week at St George's including working with an enthusiastic team of volunteer leaders.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversight of the Church’s Ministries to Children
2. During the week; oversee the ministry of Mums and Tots to offer faith sharing opportunities as well as support and pastoral care to Mothers and their children
3. On Sundays; develop, co-ordinate, resource, support and administer the Sunday School ministries to the 8 am and 10 am congregations. (Currently, due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Sunday ministries are only to the 10 am congregation and done online)
4. Work with church staff, volunteers and parents to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for the ministries, including compliance with the Church’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
5. Recruit, resource, train and support a team of volunteers to assist the ministries.
6. Involvement in weekly Staff meetings, occasional report writing and involvement in some whole church activities.
The successful applicant must be a committed evangelical Christian, a humble leader, pastorally warm, hardworking, faithful to the gospel and have already been fruitful in a similar role. Essential requirements include:
1. A love of working with Children and developing their faith
2. Biblical and theological skills. Formal theological training is an advantage
3. Experience in leading Children’s Ministry and an ability to lead by example.
4. Proven ability to relate to Children and Parents
5. Proven ability to share the Christian faith
6. High competency in raising up and training leaders
7. Proficiency in English is a must
8. Competent in administration
Full Time Contract Position, renewable upon satisfactory performance.
Salary depends on experience. This role involves Sunday work as well as during the mornings of Monday – Thursday and Tuesday early afternoons.
The position is available from the end of July 2020